Do you feel a little apprehensive about serving curry to a little person? You don’t need to be! This recipe is very child friendly, it has just the right amount of sweetness and curry flavour with zero heat. The sauce is blitzed until smooth (very important) and served with all their favourite veggies (also very important). It can also be served with chicken or fish.
The measurements below make about 6 child portions which you can freeze in batches. Me and my other half eat this too but we up the seasoning and add chilli flakes!
Mango & Coconut Kid Friendly Curry
- 1 red onion
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ripe Mango
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- Prepare whatever veggies / fish / meat you would like to mix in once the sauce is ready. Boil the veggies and cook the meat / fish whilst prepping the sauce.
- Put the onion, ginger, garlic and spices into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add to a pan to warm through, in the meantime blitz the mango in the same blender and pour into the same pan.
- Add the coconut milk, bay leaves and salt, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes to bring out the flavours.
- Mix as much sauce as desired with your veggies / meat / fish (and warm through if needed) then pour the rest into Tupperware to freeze.
- Serve with rice, toasted cashews and toasted coconut flakes as desired.