The perfect summer sharing platter for the whole family! This is gluten free, nut free and (without the cheddar slices) dairy free.
I would serve the burgers from 9 or 10 months due to chewability. Corn on the cob I wait until 12 months, the other bits are okay from 7 or 8 months depending on how comfortable you are with chewing! The tomato ketchup contains honey so replace with another sweetener like maple syrup if under 12 months.
Everything piled up on top of each other, including good helpings of the dips and caramelised onions is sooooo good! Of course my almost 3 year old likes everything separate, lols. A perfect family meal for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- Homemade beef burgers
- Sweet potato toast (sliced sweet potato put in the toaster)
- Homemade guacamole
- Homemade tomato ketchup
- Caramelised onions
- Corn on the cob
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Iceburg lettuce
- Plum tomatoes
- Cucumber slices
- Red pepper rings
Bun-less burger platter
Homemade burgers recipe
In a large bowl put:
- ~2 cups organic beef mince
- 1 egg
- a generous squirt of tomato paste
- drizzle tamari
- half a red onion diced and already sautéed in olive oil over a medium heat
Mix this all together well with hands then mould into burgers. Cook on the BBQ until desired ‘doneness’.
Homemade guacamole recipe
This was a very simple version:
- 1 very ripe avocado
- a good helping of fresh lime juice
- S&P to taste
Mush everything together in a bowl with a fork.
Homemade tomato ketchup recipe
You will need:
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkling of black pepper
- 2 tbsps diced shallots
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste/ puree
Put all the ingredients into a medium sized pot over a low heat for 45 – 60 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to a blender (I used a nutribullet), blend until smooth. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze in ice cube trays and defrost as desired. This makes about 6 portions/ ice cubes.
Caramelised onions recipe
You will need:
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- Dollop of olive oil
- A good drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- A good few tablespoons of coconut sugar
Soften the red onion rings in olive oil for 10 minutes or so on a medium heat. Once softened drizzle on the balsamic vinegar and shake the coconut sugar evenly over the onion. Sauté on a medium heat until caramelised.