Perfect for the BBQ this summer, these easy salmon and kale burgers sneak some super nutrients onto your kids plate! I would serve from 7 months but suitable from the get go if baby led weaning.
The whole family had these on the BBQ and my little man just loves them! Great for baby led weaning as they are easy to hold and chew (particularly compared with a salmon fillet).
They are also very easy to make, I just chuck it all in a blender. My kiddies aren’t big kale eaters unless it is in things like this, smoothies or ice pops so it’s a good way to get some into their diet. I’m happy in the knowledge that they are getting all the mega benefits from this super dark green veggie even if they aren’t appreciating the kale on its own yet! Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet, it is loaded with so many vitamins, minerals, antioxidents and phytonutrients to help our littleones thrive – I love to get it in where I can.
My kids enjoy them served with a selection of boiled and roasted veggies. They aren’t keen on too much mixing so we like to have all the veggies clearly recognisable! I’m happy to go with this if they are… served on our gorgeous Bumkins Baby suction plate in the photo above.
Salmon and Kale Burgers
Ingredients (made about 14 burgers)
- 6 organic salmon fillets
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- approximately 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- boil the kale for 5 minutes, drain and squeeze out all the excess water
- add to a blender along with all the other ingredients and blend until well mixed
- form into little patties with your hands
- heat some coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently fry on each side for a couple of minutes (can also bake in the oven on 180oC / 360oF for around 10 mins)
- serve immediately or eat cold later